What is Pod in kubernetes. Exaplain in 15 points with image as an example
Below are the Features of pods
- Pods are the atomic unit of kubernetes.
- Pods run on worker node.
- Pods can contain one or more container.
- Pods doesn’t exist without a container.
- All pods in a cluster are connected to a pod network.
- Pods are temporary [once removed will be removed for ever].
- A pod pass through these phases : Ready,Pending,succeeded,Failed.
- Services running in pods are accessed using pod IP.
- All pods can communicate with each other on all nodes.
- All nodes can communicate with all pods.
- Pods can be created using JSON.
- Each pod runs an application/service.
- Pods with single container is recommended.
- Pods can only be instantiated not created.
- All containers in a pod share a single IP.