Skip to content
What is Pod in kubernetes. Exaplin in 15 points with image as an example
- Pod is the smallest execution unit in kubernetes
- Pod is not a physical entity. it is a logical entity.
- Pod is a group of one or more container
- Pod will contain one main container and other sidecar containers
- Storage and network will be shared among different containers inside a pod.
- pod lifecycle is pending, running, succeeded or failed.
- It will start in pending phase
- If any primary containers starts OK, state will change to running.
- If any containers terminated with failure state will changed to failed.
- If a node dies, the Pods scheduled to that node are scheduled for deletion after a timeout period.
- an ip will be assigned to each node.
- pods can communicate each other via pod network
- recommended model is one container per pod