How kubernetes works? Explain each components with Short Summary
Kubernetes works with Kubernetes cluster and a control plane.
Kubernetes cluster is a combination of nodes with atleast one Master node and a worked node.
Control plane components:
- Api Server: Provides Api to connect to worker nodes
- Cluster store (etcd): Persistant storage of cluster state and it stores data in key and value pair in etcd db.
- Controller Manager: It is a controller of controllers.
- Kube schedular: It will just schedule the pods and assigns the work
- Kubelet (Minion): To attach worked node to master to add it in a cluster and it instantiates the Pod
- Container engine: It is Docker
- Kube Proxy: Pod gets the network using proxy so that all the pods can be communicated using the ip.
- Pod is an atomic unit of kubernetes
- Pod consists of a container
- Pod can’t be created but can only be instantiated
- All Pods can communicate with each other
Pod Life cycle: