What are the components of Kubernetes worker and explain each component’s function?
The components of K8s worker node are
1. kubelet – Kublet is the main K8s agent. It instantiate the pods in the node(only instantiate not create). It helps to register nodes with cluster. Its always watch the api server.
It decides who is the master.
10255 is the endpoint.
2. kube-proxy – Its support for K8s networking. It assigns the ip address for the pods. Each pods inside a node will have same ip address. Load balances across all pods in a service.
– All pods communicate with each other on all nodes.
– All nodes communicate with all pods
– No network address translation – NAT
– pod – It is an atomic unit of scheduler in K8s. It contains one or more containers.