The future of Java and Java development is highlighted by the JavaOne Keynote
Source – customerthink.com
Java is a popular choice for the development of apps with extreme performance and scalability requirements. The technologies of the platform help develop huge, robust and high performance apps that could be extended easily.
Java for web development and the Java language as a whole is supported by all major platforms. Furthermore, Java continues to innovate the apps world around. Through continued modernization, the platform provides developers an innovative platform and language to build the next gen scalable, rich and secure enterprise apps. In this keynote, recognized Oracle engineering and executive experts would highlight ongoing technology improvements as well as showcase the way developers could boost and accelerate app innovation, deployment and development, particularly for the cloud.
JAVAONE 2017 KEYNOTE
JavaOne 2017’s opening keynote presentation, the world’s biggest gathering of software developers who use Java, highlighted the continued success of the platform while putting emphasis to upcoming additions to the language and its ecosystem. Oracle was joined on the stage by executives from leading tech firms to discuss the role of Java and Java application development services, in transforming how people work and live in the digital world today. With more than 12 million developers running Java and over 1 billion downloads every year, the platform remains the most popular programming language in the world. Also, Java is the number one developer choice for cloud, with more than 21 billion cloud-connected Java virtual machines.
NUMEROUS INNOVATIONS FOR THE JAVA PLATFORM AND MODERN JAVA WEB DEVELOPMENT
Numerous innovations were recently announced for the platform. It provided a glance of the future of Java that focused on the pervasiveness of Java in the cloud, new cloud-related projects and features and the need for supporting container-centric server-less and micro-service architectures. The platform sets the stage for its continued usage for modern app development in the cloud. There is also a new server-less open source project called Fn. The server-less architectures work together and complement to allow Java developers to create distributed, modern apps with continuous delivery and integration. The keynote also features various speakers to help outline the Java EE direction.
THE NEXT JAVA EVOLUTION
Java isn’t a legacy programming language, regardless of its long history. The robust use of Maven, the building tool for projects that are Java-based, debunks the theory that the platform is outdated. While there are several deployment tools on the market, Maven by far has been one of the biggest automation tools for developers to use in deploying software apps. With the commitment of Oracle to Java for the long haul, it’s not difficult to see why the platform would always be a part of programming languages for many years and would remain as the programming language choice.
OPEN TECHNOLOGIES AND CLOUD NATIVE DEVELOPMENT
Innovation in the ecosystem of Java has always been driven by collaboration around the core open technologies. With a uniquely robust combination of partnerships between developers, tech leaders and standards organizations, Java has created the most vibrant and strongest developer community in the world. As developers handle cloud-based deployment models to solve complex issues, new architectural patterns, including the micro-service emerge, drives a need to evolve current programming models as well as invent new ones.
THE ADVANTAGES OF JAVA
The programming language has gained huge popularity since its inception. Its fast ascension and wide acceptance could be traced to its programming features and design, especially in its promise that one could write a program once and run it anywhere.
1. Java was designed to be easy to learn and use and thus it is easy to write, to compile, to debug and to learn, compared to other programming languages.
2. One of the most significant benefits of Java is its ability to moving easily from computer to computer. The ability of running the same program on various systems is crucial to the World Wide Web. Java succeeds in this by being platform-independent at both binary and source levels.
3. Java is object-oriented, allowing one to build modular programs as well as reusable code.
4. Java is designed to making distributed computing easy with networking capability, that’s integrated into it inherently. Writing Java network programs is the same as sending and receiving data to and from a file.
5. The platform considers security part of its design. The language, interpreter, compiler and runtime environment each were developed with security in mind.
6. The platform puts a lot of emphasis on early checking of possible errors, as compilers of Java detect a lot of issues that will first show up during execution in other languages.
7. Multithreaded is the ability of a program to do various tasks simultaneously within a program. In Java, multithreaded programming has been integrated smoothly into it.