Post – 5
What is Chef?
Chef in DevOps is an automation tool. It is a Configuration Management (CM) tool that lets you automate processes and tasks across numerous servers and other devices of an organization in simple steps. Such a framework is highly beneficial to a company.
10 Advantage of Chef?
- Automation of cloud server
- Managing servers with ease
- Deployment of servers at faster pace.
- Best consistency – all the machines have same cloud running.
- Speed and accuracy
- Integrating cloud technology
- Effective risk management
- Speed s/w delivery
- Best rectification factor
How to install Chef Workstation?
- Go the Chef workstation page
- signup into the page
- Click on the package for window/ Linux or any other version we want.
- After clicking on download, we will get a link.
- wget https://packages.chef.io/files/stable/chef-workstation/22.5.923/el/7/chef-workstation-22.5.923-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
- rpm -ivh chef-workstation-22.5.923-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
- Copy this to the putty, download the packages of the chef.
- Workstation will be installed automatically
- use chef version command to find the version that is installed in your Linux.
- use which chef command to find the version.
One Example Program of Recipe?
file ‘/opt/first.txt’ do
file ‘/opt/content.txt’ do
content “This is my first program of chef”