1. what is chef
Chef is a configuration management technology used to automate the infrastructure provisioning. It is developed on the basis of Ruby DSL language.
2. 10 advantages of chef.
- accelerating software delivery
- Increasing Service Resiliency
- Improving Risk Management
- Accelerating Cloud Adoption
- Managing Both Data Center and Cloud Environments
- Delivering All Your Infrastructure
3.how to install chef workstation?
- Requirements. Infrastructure Overview.
- Quick Start guide. Install Workstation. Automate Server. Cookbook Setup. Set up Policy. Set up Nodes.
- Enrollment. Application Management. Enrollment. Application Management.
4. one example program of recipe
node.default[‘main’][‘doc_root’] = “/vagrant/web”
execute “apt-get update” do
command “apt-get update”