Write down 10 features of Kubernetes with image
Kubernetes (also known as K8s) is open source software for deploying, scaling and managing containerized applications. As an orchestrator, Kubernetes handles the work of scheduling containers on a cluster and also manages the workloads to ensure they run as you intended.
- Self-monitoring: Kubernetes checks constantly the health of nodes and containers
- Portable: Kubernetes offers portability, and faster, simpler deployment times.
- High availability: Kubernetes addresses high availability at both the application and the infrastructure level.
- Horizontal scaling: Kubernetes allows you scaling resources not only vertically but also horizontally, easily and quickly
- Storage orchestration: Kubernetes mounts and add storage system of your choice to run apps
- Automates rollouts and rollbacks: if after a change to your application something goes wrong, Kubernetes will rollback for you
- Container balancing: Kubernetes always knows where to place containers, by calculating the “best location” for them
- Automates various manual processes: for instance, Kubernetes will control for you which server will host the container, how it will be launched etc.
- Interacts with several groups of containers: Kubernetes is able to manage more cluster at the same time
- Provides additional services: as well as the management of containers, Kubernetes offers security, networking and storage services