What is Storage Driver and types of Storage Driver? Explained with Images.
Storage driver is a software that allows you to write data to the writable layer of your Docker container.
Types of storage driver
• overlay2 – This is the preferred storage driver for all Linux distributions
• aufs – Preferred driver for earlier versions of Docker, when running on an earlier version of Ubuntu.
• devicemapper – Was the recommended driver for earlier versions of Centos and RHEL. Current versions support overlay2, which is the recommended driver.
• btrfs – Used if this is the backing file system
• zfs – Used if this is the backing file system
• vfs – Used for testing purposes only.
We can identify the Storage driver using below command
docker info | grep “Storage Driver”
Storage Driver: overlay2