Skip to content
What is Docker Images and Explain in 10 bullet lines?
- Collection of file systems, ROOTFS, APPFS, USERFS.
- One copy of docker image can attach to many containers.
- From one image multiple containers can be created
- File system layered over each other.
- Higher layer wins.
- Each layer is each File system
- Layer 0 should be base image or Root FS
- Once image is attached to container, these layers will be attached to the container as a single layer
- The layers in the image will be in read only format, and to have the changes the thin layer in container should be used and commit that and form a new image