Skip to content
What is Docker Images and Exaplin in 10 bullet lines?
- Docker image is a collection of files systems.
- It will have a ROOT FS, USR FS, APP FS.
- ONE Copy of Docker image get attached to each Container
- From one Image – you can get multiple Container.
- Docker uses storage drivers to store image layers, and to store data in the writable layer of a container.
- Docker image file systems strcutured in a layerd way.
- All layers in a docker image is Read only.
- All layers in an image is merged to one layer while creating the container. ( Union Mount)
- Layer 0 have the root filesystem
- Each layer in image will have 40 character length UUID generated by SHA 256 algorithm.