What Is DISM? How to check and restore your windows image health.
DISM, whose full name is the Deployment Image Service and Management, is a built-in tool of Windows, first introduced in Windows 7 and Windows Server R2. It can perform servicing tasks on a Windows installation image, on an online or offline image within a folder, or on WIM files.
The DISM tool can be available from the Command Line or the Windows PowerShell. DISM tool can be used to update files and fix problems when a Windows image becomes unserviceable. However, when running the DISM tool, you may receive the error code 87 or some other codes like DISM error 50, DISM error 2, DISM error 3, DISM error 1639 and so on, as shown in the following picture
How to Fix Dism Error 87?
- Use Correct DISM Command.
- Run this command using an elevated command prompt.
- Run Windows update.
- Run System File Checker.
- Use correct DISM version.
- Reinstall Windows
Solution 1. Use Correct DISM Command
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Solution 2. Run This Command Using an Elevated Command Prompt( as administrator )
Solution 3. Run Windows Update
The DISM restorehealth error 87 may be caused by the pending Windows update. So in order to solve this error 87 DISM, you need to install all pending updates.
Step 1: Open Command Prompt
- Type command prompt in the search box of Windows 10 and choose the best matched one.
- Right-click it to choose Run as administrator to continue.
Step 2: Type the command to continue
- In the pop-up window, type the command sfc /scannow and hit Enter to continue.
- Please do not close the command line windows until you see the message verification 100% completed
That’s it hope it help.