1) What is EPEL and Write a instructions to install and use it.
Ans : extra packages for enterprise Linux its a special intrest group from the fedora project that provides a set of additional package for rhelfrom the fedora resources. it creates, maintains and manages a high quality set of additional packages for enterprise Linux including red hat enterprise linux, cent os, scientific Linux, oracle Linux, almalinux and rocky Linux
steps to install
step 1: login to a host called server 1 using ssh client
step 2: install epel repository using – yum install epel-release-y
step 3: refresh epel repository by typing – yum repo list
step 4: install packages from epel repo – yum install pkg1
2) What is difference between hypervisor and cloud?
Ans: hypervisor is a software that creates and runs virtual machine. it can create simulated environment from one hardware system.
cloud is method of accessing the resources over the internet.it depends on multiple system so it helps in disaster recovery
3) What are the Network Adaptor(Driver) you have in VirtualBox and write a use case of it?
Ans: 1. not attached – network card present without connection mode
2. NAT-network address translation- to accesses web, mails, download as a guest with limitations
3. NAT network- for the purpose of internal network with outbound connections
4. bridge adapter- for advanced networking needs like simulating network and running server as a guest exchanging network packets directly
5. internal network- used to create software based network which is visible only to selected virtual machines
6. host only adapter – used to create network path for selected host’s virtual machine
7. Generic driver -This network mode allows you to share the generic network interface. A user can select the appropriate driver to be distributed in an extension pack or be included with VirtualBox.
4) Find a list 10 commands and write 10 example of it
Ans: 1.grep – used to search a pattern or keyword
2.find – used to find the files and perform operations on it
3. xargs – used to build and execute commands from common input
4. sed- stream editor can be used to perform search, replace, insert, delete operations
5. chmod- change mode- used to change the access mode of a file
6. Netstat- Netstat command displays various network related information such as network connections, routing tables, interface statistics, masquerade connections, multicast memberships etc.,
7. route- used when we want to work with the ip kernal routing table
9. vmstat- virtual memory static reporter -performance monitoring of the system command for
10. visudo- it edits the sudoers file which is used by the sudo command
11. Awk is a scripting language used for manipulating data and generating reports. The awk command programming language requires no compiling and allows the user to use variables, numeric functions, string functions, and logical operators.