Lab and Assignment For 25 Oct 2021 – Docker Session
|Assignment# 1 – What is Docker and Container? Define in 15 points with example image|
- Container in short a runtime of it’s own
- Runs in separate namespace isolated from host
- Has its own Root FS & USER space, PID tree, MNT and Network etc.
- This is not a bootable image like VM and BOOT FS is held with host itself.
- Its own quota of Resources like RAM, CPU etc would be Allocated through cgroups
- Container manager SW that run on host OS
- Runs as daemon server and can orchestrate more than one container.
- would run in its own user group called “docker” and We can add Non-root users to docker group to run and manage containers and ensure security without needing rely on Admin/root users.
- provides complete set of toolkit to manage and tune containers
|Assignment# 2 – What is the difference between docker pause and unpuase?|
- docker pause would just suspend current running processes in one or more container by saving their state and keeping Memory print still active.
- When we unpause it would being back all suspended processes back to runtime by attaching the same memory and process state as before pause.
|Assignment# 3 – What is the difference between docker stop and kill?|
- docker stop would gracefully terminate all running process by sending SIGTERM signal
- docker kill do abrupt shutdown processes by sending SIGKILL signal
Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!