Kubernetes in Gaurav’s words
What is Kubernetes?
- Container-orchestration engine
- Manage multi-node containers
- Manage microservices
How Kubernetes works?
- Control plane
- api-server (Collection of k8s APIs)
- few other controllers as well
- scheduler (Allocate container to nodes)
- etcd (KV pair) (Brain of cluster)
- Worker Nodes
- kubelet (Manages node)
- kube-proxy (Runs on each worker node. Enables n/w communication b/w nodes)
- docker/rkt (Container runtime)
What is pod?
- Atomic unit of k8s
- Contain one or more containers
- Lives as long as there is at least one container running