Day 5 assignment(1)
1.what is chef?
Chef is an automation tool. It is a Configuration Management (CM) tool that lets you automate processes and tasks across numerous servers and other devices of an organization in simple steps. Such a framework is highly beneficial to a company. This automation tool eliminates the need to create complex and lengthy scripts of code, that can potentially wreak havoc in the long run. With a few clicks, you can deploy and manage software applications across all devices of your organization.
2. 10 advantages of chef
- Chef ensures consistency. All devices of your IT organization fluidly receive the same updates, software installations and deployments.
- Chef can warrant that all your devices have unvarying states and ensure stability.
- Speed and accuracy are essential traits to have for a successful IT organization.
- Chef enables you to deploy software and applications across your entire infrastructure using a few lines of code and some clicks on buttons.
- Integrating your infrastructure on the cloud has a lot of implications for the company.
3. How to install chef workstation?
Installation of chef workstation
4.One example program of reciepe
file ‘/opt/first.txt’ do
file ‘/opt/content.txt’ do
content “This is my first program of chef”