Day 5 . Assignment 1 # Chef Introduction
Chef is a configuration management technology used to automate the infrastructure provisioning. It is developed on the basis of Ruby DSL language. It is used to streamline the task of configuration and managing the company’s server. It has the capability to get integrated with any of the cloud technology . The chef has working with cookbooks and recipes
10 Advantage of Chef
- Accelerating Software Delivery.
- Increasing Service Resiliency.
- Improving Risk Management.
- Accelerating Cloud Adoption.
- Managing Both Data Center and Cloud Environments.
- Delivering All Your Infrastructure – Any App, Everywhere, Continuously.
- Final Thoughts.
- Consistency and Scalability
- Faster Deployement and Reduced Risks
- Integrates with Any Cloud Technology
How to install Chef Workstation
- Go the Chef workstation page
- Click on the package for window/linux or any other version we want.
- After clicking on download, we will get a link.
- wget https://packages.chef.io/files/stable/chef-workstation/22.5.923/el/7/chef-workstation-22.5.923-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
- Copy this to the putty, server and download the packages of the chef.
- Workstation will be installed
One Example Program of Recipe
file ‘/opt/first.txt’ do
file ‘/opt/content.txt’ do
content “This is my first program of chef”