1)What is Chef?
Chef is an automation tool. It is a Configuration Management (CM) tool that lets you automate processes and tasks across numerous servers and other devices of an organization in simple steps. Such a framework is highly beneficial to a company.
2)Advantage of Chef?
* Accelerating Software Delivery
* Increasing Service Resiliency
*Improving Risk Management
*Accelerating Cloud Adoption
* Managing Both Data Center and Cloud Environments
* Delivering All Your Infrastructure – Any App, Everywhere, Continuously
3)How to install Chef Workstation?
Start your infrastructure automation quickly and easily with chef workstation . Chef Workstation gives you everything you need to get started with Chef – ad hoc remote execution, remote scanning, configuration tasks, cookbook creation tools as well as robust dependency and testing software – all in one easy-to-install package.
Chef Workstation includes:
- Chef Infra Client
- Chef InSpec
- chef and knife command line tools
- Testing tools such as Test Kitchen, ChefSpec, and Cookstyle
- Everything else needed to author cookbooks and upload them to the Chef Infra Server