Regional Financial Manager software and cloud computing sector
For a client of ours – a well-known ICT company – we are currently seeking a Finance Manager to support Business Leaders and Senior Finance Leaders by driving financial analysis to support business planning, budgeting, decision making, and performance tracking (both financial and operational metrics).
Furthermore, you will proactively work with both the Sales Leadership team as well as wider Finance organization on continuous improvement initiatives on all relevant processes.
As Finance Manager, you are part of the EMEA Finance leadership team and you report directly to the VP of EMEA Finance. In your role you will be primary business partner to the Regional- and District Sales leaders, as well as liaise with regional leaders in other functions.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic planning process and formulating appropriate financial strategies and business plans to support country sales leaders in profitably growing the business
- Support the identification of market opportunities and determine business and financial strategies to seize those market opportunities
- Support VP Finance and Business Leaders with monitoring and interpreting performance and profitability for the Districts and Regions within the Country, make recommendations for improvements and emphasize strengths. If required, project manage remediation plans to achieve AOP goals
- Support VP Finance to drive improved profitability and product mix, using company standards for Price/Mix/Volume analytics. This includes product mix, country mix, volume definitions, discounts and average selling price (ASP).
- Responsible for improving awareness and understanding of discounting, deal economics, right pricing and identification of discount improvement initiatives and follow up to success
- Manage processes related to month-end and quarter-end close, variance analysis, management reporting and forecast submissions.
- Provide insight across headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning
- Promote thought leadership in process improvement to scale forecasting and reporting tools, procedures, and methodologies
- Responsible to provide key analytical highlights to Finance Director and Business Leaders through monthly Flash report on Bookings performance, commenting on top deals, slipped deals and deals brought forward, margin performance and headcount variance analysis
- Responsible to co-ordinate Annual Operating Plan and activities with Finance Director and Business Leaders, according to defined timelines, definitions and standards
- Set up and host review meetings and prepare analysis and commentary for reviews, including a quantitative and qualitive assessment of the country submissions
- Collaborate with account teams in drafting offer proposals to customers, including advising and challenging account team on pricing and discounting, as well as analyzing revenue- and margin implications
- Create deal economics with focus on upselling, margin improvement and revenue acceleration opportunities, and present to senior finance and business leaders
- Responsible for the sales compliance certification process of the related countries
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills in English and Dutch AND/OR French
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues
- Experience in Strategic Accounting and Finance, US GAAP, Financial Business Planning and Analysis
- Must be able to routinely make decisions that affect immediate operations and may have a company-wide effect
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly to peers and Senior Management
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction and leadership in team roles; or by direct management oversight.
Experience & Education
- 10+ years of working experience in an international finance environment within an ICT sector
- University Degree, with an emphasis on Finance
- MBA (or equivalent) with concentration in Finance or General Business (preferred)